• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to share values in between adjustment layers?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two similsr adjustment layers and tweak values in a first one . Is there a way to copy/paste or drug the new values to second layer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using same adjustment then simply duplicate it, otherwise I do not think you can "copy-paste" all values from one Curves (for example) adjustment layer to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment layers can be dragged between documents, but the associated mask will follow along. To avoid that, "park" the current mask on a temporary layer, replace the layer from the other document, and drag the mask back.

EDIT: oops, I assumed different documents. If the same document, see Bojan's reply. I'd just duplicate the layer and replace the mask by alt-dragging it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So basically I should delete the second one , then  diblicate the first and put it in place where second one had been before. I am doing exactly this and find it a bit too tiresom . Hoped to put the adjuatment layer inside smart object but looks like it doesn't work that way.   Or maybe some alt drug or something  like with their masks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines