• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Photoshop - screen jumping around, eyedropper not working

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 with the latest version of Photoshop. All day I've been dealing with these issues. It works fine for 10-15 minutes and then goes all wonky. First issue is when trying to select a color with the eyedropper tool, it doesn't select the color I want. It seems like it's actually picking the grey of  the background. Also, it will sometimes start moving the screen when I click the eyedropper. I've made sure none of my keys on my keyboard are stuck that would cause this.

Also, it will suddenly move so that the window I'm working on is almost off the screen. Attempts to move it back just makes it snap off-screen again.

To top it off, sometimes everything will just completely stop responding. I can select different layers and tools, but nothing happens when I try to use them.

I made a video showing the problems: https://youtu.be/g0naGhAry_o

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you tried to update your display drivers also install latest version of creative cloud desktop application...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is updated, and it was working fine for a few hours but the issue with the eyedropper tool has started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought maybe the issue was that my tablet was so old it was incompatible with the new Photoshop, but I just installed a brand new tablet and this is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if all working for you fine 2019 version of Photoshop so use it there some updates going through with the latest version so maybe this a bug....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we can't really help you without more info, please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its exact version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Which tablet are you running? If a wacom, see this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I would also update to 21.2.1, as there are some stickyness fixes in the latest updates: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines