• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG opening purple with lines MAC OSX Big Sur PSP 20/21

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PSP 20 and continuing on 21, some JPGs are opening up in a purple haze overall and always the left half filled with inverted lines. I tried everything that I can think of

• reset all the settings and preferences
  • removed and re-installed all the color profiles
  • fixed all the color profiles with the Colorsync utility
  • completly uninstalled PSP and reinstalled
  • tried changing/fixing RGB profiles while opening the files

nothing helped.

I think it's some kind of a format issue, preventing PSP (only PSP) to render properly. I can open it up in any other app and it looks correctly (including other Adobe Suite apps).  

It only happens with some of the JPGs (no other formats) downloaded from the web but the frequency keeps increasing, used to be like 1 in 20 now almost running into it in every 2-3.  

And looks like it's not mac specific, there is another tread with the same issue happening on the PC too.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kcWZXfjXw3Bf4Yl4BMFrJiFPpsF1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As it turns out, I don't really have much to add here, but I for a website that would give detailed analysis of images and the below are the results. Not much difference I can see except for the Structure and the size. The Structure differences seem to be about how it looks as it downloads; line by line vs. layer by layer. It's interesting, but doesn't really apply. I continue to be stumped....

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines