• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update Photoshop iPad keeps crashing on opening

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update of Photoshop mobile (today November 14th) the app opens but crashes immediately after opening.

iPad pro, older version. iOS 13.1.3

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Sorry to hear that we are crashing on launch. Can you try an uninstall and reinstall of the application? All your cloud docs you may have created will still be stored on the cloud. The only files you would need to worry about is if you saved something on your device into the Photoshop folder in Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

We are working on an issue where devices with non-US regions can encounter crashes on startup, in the meantime if you switch your device Region to US-english in Settings/General/Region you should be able to get the application to launch. We hope to have an update for this issue out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that we are crashing on launch. Can you try an uninstall and reinstall of the application? All your cloud docs you may have created will still be stored on the cloud. The only files you would need to worry about is if you saved something on your device into the Photoshop folder in Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @M-Shaw, it worked! And indeed, as expected, the files are ok!
Thanks for this first version on the iPad! Hopefully Photoshop mobile will grow to a full alternative for the PC version, for photographers 😉

regards,

murk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ipad pro 12.9 " runs on ipadOS 14.5.1

I did like you said, changed region and language and for about 10 minutes it worked fine. Wnet down for a coffee and photoshop din't work anymore. So with me your temp solution didn't work. I live in Holland. Before I lived in Switzerland en Portugal and never had a problem with photoshop mobile.
Hope there will be an update soon. I am so frustrated that I am about to switch to Affinity photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the delay on getting this fixed. We are working to get a permanent fix verified and released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did like you said, changed region and language, but it doesn't work.

I also redownload the app and even restart my iPad.

Is there any other solutions? I really need this app. Thx

ipad Pro 2021 12.9-inch M1 ios14.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble open photoshop as well, I changed the region to US and I'm still experiencing this isseu.

iPod pro 10.5 inches

ios 14.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having this issue. App closes in the moments following the "retrieving account info" notification on start up.

iPad Pro running iOS version 14.5.1

tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, turned iPad off and on, all software is up to date.

any other troubleshooting suggestions?

looking forward to hearing from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on an issue where devices with non-US regions can encounter crashes on startup, in the meantime if you switch your device Region to US-english in Settings/General/Region you should be able to get the application to launch. We hope to have an update for this issue out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix for the crash on launch with non-US locales should be in the update that is being released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was full of hope, but I still have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest build if you have not done so already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did that several times.  Spent for hours chatting with the helpdesk, nothing works. I guess it is time to say goodbye photoshop on ipad. I am sick of it. All those waisted hours.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any any luck with a fix yet? I'm in the same boat .....for months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
are you going to do something about this error.
I am paying for non-working software. on the iPad

In addition, in my opinion, since the appearance of mac computers with M processors - the entire adobe package on the computer works much worse than before.

I have a Macbook Pro 2021 - i9 - 8 cores - 64gb RAM and 2T ssd plus an additional 8T drive with tunderbolt 3 and the software from late update 2021 is very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing! I didn't even get a chance to report the issue 😂😂😂 I saw you had the same problem back in 2019 when you were in conversation with Apple. It's 2021 and the problem still persists.. I think maybe the problem is with the iPad and the fact that photoshop is a too biting a program to be used on a device like this. Please acknowledge the problem and fix it once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To big of a program*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same program.  I constantly am having to restart the iPad, works for one or two edits, then it crashes again??  Ugh!  This is beyond frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

What helped for me was to uninstall photoshop in my iPad to reinstall it again and now it works. I hope this works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem. iPad Pro with M1 processor. Soft 15.1. I've tried everything. even restore ipad. everything is ok until the first file import. after importing the file, PS always closes by itself. After restart, it closes as soon as it is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Photoshop crashing on open. On my iPad 15.2  version. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a video of the issue you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm having the same prpblem--I have a subscription on Photoshop but deleted the app, downloaded it again yesterday but it opens and shows the logo then crashes and kicks me out. I have reinstalled it, shut down my iPad, changed the region, still no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting reports of crash on launch when using iOS 14. Please update your OS to iOS15 or above to remedy the crash on launch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updated to the latest version, it worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines