• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer mask is not covering fully

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't know what is wrong - opacity, flow at 100%, color is black, but gradient or brush on mask are not fully covering. Wihout mask - both tools work fine. I have this problem, occuring out of nowhere for a few days now. Sometines restarting Photoshop works, but not today. Below are screen shots of my settings. Please, any suggestions?mask problem2.jpgmask problem1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

To make absolutely positively sure you are using black and not dark gray, type "D" (the shortcut to set the foreground and background swatches to the default black and white.)

It would also be helpful to see your Layers panel including the layer with the mask. What is on the layer underneath?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Properties, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Are you sure you are painting with black, not just dark gray? (And please don’t assume, make certain.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make absolutely positively sure you are using black and not dark gray, type "D" (the shortcut to set the foreground and background swatches to the default black and white.)

It would also be helpful to see your Layers panel including the layer with the mask. What is on the layer underneath?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always press D when I start doing anything with nask mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I guess I didn't its such a reflex, that I was could swear by it thanks, how dumb of me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, we've all been there 😊, and I'm glad it's working for you now!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this info about "press D". But I have another question: why on Creative Suite 6 it wasn't necessary to do it and now we have to press D? The 100% density should be set by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Pasqualino30643653sv7t 

"D" is the shortcut to reset the Swatches in the Tools panel to pure black and pure white. It is only necessary when they are not pure B&W, and has been true since at least Photoshop 3.0 (1994) when I started using it. 

The 100% density is set by default, but users often change the foreground and background swatches. 

You can also reset them with the button in the Tools panel.

janee_0-1687380651939.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can add Porperties panel with layer mask selected to screenshot because there is slider Density which can make black less black, or grey.

Otherwise, have you tried reseting preferences what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines