• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer mask not working?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Im trying to add a layer mask over an image in Photoshop so that I can add a light color hue (changing the hue/saturation doesnt give me the effect I want) but when I try to use color the mask only lets me use black, white and gray. I have no idea why it does that and how to stop it from doing it or if theres nothing I can do to fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some screen captures of sample image whet you point out what you want to do and where would help. Layer mask are grayscale. A single selection channel.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might not be fully understanding how layer masks work.

You mention Hue/Sat for adding a colour cast.  That is the usual method of doing this, but did you tick Colorize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following a video step by step online and having the same issue. I have tried clicking the colorize button when not having it clicked made no difference. Colors still does not change.

I'm following this video and not having the same effect, ie: cannot change the color as easily as it's shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9fwiNyDHLI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot fully understand what exactly you are trying to do but did you tried to add layer with color above your image then to change blend mode to Hue or Color and to play with Opacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. Hue/saturation adjustment mask isn't changing the color in the image I've selected. The only slider that works is the Lightness and it changes the part of the image from light grey to black, but the hue slider doesn't change the color at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show a screenshot, including your layers panel and hue/saturation properties panel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines