Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers not showing anymore

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here's the thing: I've created a virtual copy of a photo in Lightroom to work on it. Once I'm done with Lightroom, I send it to Photoshop to make a few more changes with layers and stuff.

My problem is, when I close Photoshop and come back on it later, all of the layers are gone and I'm stuck with all the changes I've made into one, without any way for me to go back on one specific change.

Would you have any idea of how to either show all the layers again, or how to do otherwise for the next time so I can see all the different layers..

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Once you open an image from Lightroom into Photoshop, then make some edits and save the file, it goes back as a tiff or PSD to Lightroom. If you open it again, it won't retain all the layers. To get by this behavior you need to save the file as a separate PSD file by going to File > Save As (OR Save a copy).

Let us know if that helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop - you can create layers in Photoshop not Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines