• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

layers panel dosen't show all photos working on together. only one at time

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i drop a new photo into Photoshop on top an existing photo it does not show up in the layers panel with the first photo.  I can click on one photoit shows up in the layer panel, but i cannot get them both to show up at once to be able to work  on them.  Example:  I want to replace sky in one photo.  When I drop a replacement sky into photoshop it will not show up in the layers panel under the first photo. They will only show up one at a time which ever one I clicked on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if you have set a filter in the layers panel and turn it off if you have. If you don't see it, show a screen shot of your layers panel.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2018/03/select-and-filter-layer-options-in-photoshop-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your respose.  I guess I do not know quite what you mean.  I am still learning the layers.  Can you give me more details?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Connie,

Please show a screen shot of your Layers panel so we can see what you have.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i drop a new photo into Photoshop on top an existing photo it does not show up in the layers panel with the first photo. I can click on one photoit shows up in the layer panel, but i cannot get them both to show up at once to be able to work on them. Example: I want to replace sky in one photo. When I drop a replacement sky into photoshop it will not show up in the layers panel under the first photo. They will only show up one at a time which ever one I clicked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!! It began yesterday, I cannot do my artwork!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  I tried Adobe Chat, where they re-loaded and cleaned by PS software, but that didn't help.

I've tried everthing: suddenly,  I can only toggle between layers -- not got them all showing on my layers panel; 

Does anyone know a commerical PS expert we can call to get expert advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dickk1360379 , @conniemda1954 , and @mariaeugeniaakel 

When both images don't show up in the Layers panel, the most likely cause is that they are in two different files. Go to the Window menu and look at the bottom. If both files are listed, go to Window > Arrange > Tile, then use the Move tool and drag one image into the other window.

It could be something else, such as a filter on your Layers, but we need a screen shot to better assist.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane, thank you so much for your help!  You're the closest one -- after tons of others -- to get close. But your Windows>Arrange>Tile>Move Tool idea didn't work.

Here's one clue for you: If I go to Windows and look at the bottom, as you suggested, I see the names of "Photo One" and "Photo Two" (see screenshot attached below) but only one has the "tick" mark, meaning only one shows up in the layer panel. I've tried to "tick" the second photo, but a get a "toggle", instead of both clicked. 

Is there a way to get both  clicked? I tried all the obvious methods such as Command, Shift etc. 

PS: I'm a member of two major  clubs in Metro Washington, D.C.  We're desparate for an Adobe Community Professional, and will pay $1,000,000 per hour.  Any way to get in touch with you? Best, Dick at [removed by moderator].  Thank you again!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines