• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy Compatibility issue? 2015.5 to 2021?

Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file that was created in 2015.5 ( I no longer have this version installed)

I have Photoshop 2018-2021. I only need to turn off a "tag line" on Book Cover (for work)

When I open the layered file, to turn of one layer, OR try to turn of a layer from Indesign using Layer options the effects on the layers which is Dissolve at the parent folder , the layer effects change drastically!

When I open the file in Photohop the Visibility "eyes" of the 3 layer effects are "grayed out' leaving me to belive maybe there is a compatability issue? As soon as the file is resaved the effects change, without me even touching the layers? Thoughts?

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open a legacy file - Photoshop will try to preserve the image integrity to the best of its ability for viewing. As soon as you edit or resave to the newer version, it changes the settings to match the current rendering format.

I would expect some features to "upgrade" to the newer version and that could change the outcome of the older legacy filters, blend modes, etc.

Dissolve should be an easy fix though - adjust the settings to match the previous outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applyin the same settings create a differnt outcome.

Maybe its the way the settings are rendered in the newer version. Clearing the layer style and creating them from scratch does not render the desired results. Thank you for the input

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to adjust your settings as they are not 1:1 with CC2015.5.

So you're saying you cannot acheive the same dissolve effect in CC2021 with different settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines