• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Levels adjustment not applying in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,
So I have an image, I make adjustments in the Levels window, I see the changes on my image (and they are drastic, obvious changes), but when I click OK the image resets? It is NOT a zoom or image scale problem. Not sure whats up? Just started happening today?
Adobe Photoshop CC  v.20.0.6

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot with your Layers panel?

What happens when you re-open the Properties panel for the Adjustment layer where you just made changes?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a zoom issue. You must view at 100% for an accurate adjustment preview. 100% in Photoshop has nothing to do with size. It means that one image pixel is represented by exactly one screen pixel. It's the only way to represent the pixel data accurately.

When you do that, you will disover that they match perfectly, and that the final result is correct.

You probably have a very noisy or "binary" image with sharp pixel-level transitions. For performance reasons, adjustment/blending previews are calculated on the basis of the on-screen content. Zoomed out, that's a resampled and softened version. All the sharp pixel transitions are softened into intermediate values that aren't there in the original.

In other words, the preview is wrong and inaccurate. When you commit the adjustment, the calculations are performed on the full data.

Make it an automatic habit to press ctrl+1 to check all adjustments before committing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! thanks for the reply. No, unfortunelty being at 100% did not solve the problem, the iamge jumped back to its orginal state after adjusting levels. Also, sortly after this post I noticed a number of other adjustments not changing this image (levels, hue/sat, etc) I ended up screenshoting the image w/ the levels adj tool open. The image came from substance painter but this is the 1st time ive expienvced this issue. Leter, upon rebooting my PC, the adjsutents began to work again. Strange bug on my end /:
Anyway, I appreciate the replys!!!! Have a great day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a reason you are using an old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines