• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load Files into Stack not working

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter how many images I am trying to load into a stack, when it starts you can see it start to load them as separate layers but then it reverts back to the start screen. Every single time. I have no idea what is going on. This is a function that I use regularly. My PS and Creative Cloud and my computer are all up to date. Any answers to whatever is causing this would be super helpful!

PS.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

I had similar issues and it ended up being a jpg with internal corruption.

In your video clip it appears to proceed until it gets to some particular image and then crashes.

For me, Photoshop would crash with load into stack as well as fail to open the corrupted image directly, with the message:

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

In my case, I did a screen capture to create an alternate image file, and Photoshop was happy with that.

So I think probably Photoshop is fine, and s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you try resetting your preferences?

FAQ: How do I reset my preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using?  What OS which creative cloud version of Photoshop?

I just tried loading 223 file into a stack Windows 10 Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 many different size and aspect rario image files no proble here.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Functions like that are scripts that join up other smaller functions.  Photomerge is a good example.  Where the photomerge tool doesn't work, you can still load the files into layers, and use Align layers followed by blend layers to get to the same end result.  When scripts get broken, a reinstall should fix it, but you could try coming at it from a different direction like Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's load files into stack script use at least three other scripts in the stack scripts only folder.  Bridge will use Photoshop and Photoshop will use Load Files into Stack script.

// BEGIN__HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING

<javascriptresource>

<name>$$$/JavaScripts/LoadFilesintoStack/Menu=Load Files into Stack...</name>

<eventid>6F17BFA7-EFC8-40EA-B850-7B95ED8EA713</eventid>

</javascriptresource>

// END__HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING

*/

// debug level: 0-2 (0:disable, 1:break on error, 2:break at beginning)

//$.level = (Window.version.search("d") != -1) ? 1 : 0; // This chokes bridge

$.level = 0;

// debugger; // launch debugger on next line

// on localized builds we pull the $$$/Strings from a .dat file

$.localize = true;

// Put header files in a "Stack Scripts Only" folder.  The "...Only" tells

// PS not to place it in the menu.  For that reason, we do -not- localize that

// portion of the folder name.

var g_StackScriptFolderPath = app.path + "/"+ localize("$$$/ScriptingSupport/InstalledScripts=Presets/Scripts") + "/"

+ localize("$$$/private/LoadStack/StackScriptOnly=Stack Scripts Only/");

$.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "LatteUI.jsx");

$.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "StackSupport.jsx");

$.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "CreateImageStack.jsx");

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues and it ended up being a jpg with internal corruption.

In your video clip it appears to proceed until it gets to some particular image and then crashes.

For me, Photoshop would crash with load into stack as well as fail to open the corrupted image directly, with the message:

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

In my case, I did a screen capture to create an alternate image file, and Photoshop was happy with that.

So I think probably Photoshop is fine, and sometimes you just have bad jpg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the feedback.  I'm using  PS 2019 on Windows 10.  I would never in a million years have consider "a bad jpg" as the cause of the problem, but I believe that's it.  If I go to any of the folders I have used before and try to load stack, they load with no problem.  I also discovered that f I go to the problem folder and specify the folder instead of the files, it will work.  If I select a few files in that folder, again, it will work.  Apparently, there are one or several files that are causing the problem.  This forum is an incredible resource.  Thanks, again, for the solution.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me.

And I know exactly why I have a bad jpg.

using interval timer on long exposures I turned camera off mid exposure. That file that was being processed at the time is now a 'bad' jpg

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Change File Location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure how this is helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of TIF files that all open well individually, but when trying to go to Script to load into stack, the load stalls at the 3rd files. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This began happening to me yesterday.  At least that is when I first noticed it.  Exactly as mentioned above, two images load into the stack and then it stops.  It doesn't matter how many images there are in the queue, where they are located or what condition the files are in, it always does the same thing.  It is 100% absolutely undoubtedly Photoshop and not my computer or the condition of the images that I am trying to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and converted my images from .psd to .jpg and it worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines