• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logitech MX Master 3 Horizontal Scroll Wheel

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop CC for a while now.  Back in March, I picked up a Logitech Master MX3 mouse and found it let me use the horizontal scroll wheel to adjust bruch size, which was nice and saved me a lot of time retouching photos.  Ot I could assign other functions to the horizontal scroll wheel using Logitech Options, the software that came with the mouse.  When I upgraded Photoshop to v. 22 a few days ago, I lost this functionality with the mouse.  Sometimes it would work and other times not.  Now, it never works.  I tried making adjustments in Logitech Options, in Photoshop Preferences/Tool.  Nothing worked.  I don't know if this is a Photoshop or Logitech issue.  Any ideas of how to fix it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never gotten the pop up window at launch, but I can not control any brush settings (even opacity, which is set at as the default) with the buttons under the horizontal scroll wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the Master MX 3. Using PS 22.4  for Mac. LogiOptions correctly included in OS System Preferences>Security>Privacy>Full Accessibility, yet no brush function using either the forward or back buttons underneath the horizontal scrolling. Also after updating to 22.4, for the first time I'm seeing the "can't load logioptions etc" prompt on both iMac and MBP. Bizarre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I can't see PS 22.4 for the Mac.

The latest I can find is 22.3.1

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I found the solution. I also had this same Brush Size issue with the Adobe Photoshop 22.3.1 release. There is an issue with the Graphics Processor Settings in Adobe Photoshop - (Edit/Preferences/Performance). Sometimes it'll not detect the Graphics Processor. It's greyed out and unchecked. The issue is not with the Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse. The issue exists with Photoshop version 22.3.1. Please see the attached screenshots.

The Solution: I've uninstalled the Adobe Photoshop 22.3.1 version and installed the 22.4.2 version. The issue completely resolved and the Brush Size adjustments work very smoothly with the thumbwheel that comes with the Logitech MX Master 3.

Try this and send me your experiences on this. I'm happy to share my experience with you all to release you all from this bottleneck. Good luck. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good find and one worth keeping.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 15.03.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution for Mac M1s ... Sorry for windows as I don't use it but if that has same problem too may be same solution accordingly.

Install Logi Option + Beta latest .. Go to /Library/Application Support/Logitech.localized/LogiOptionsPlus/Plugins/UXP

and double click uxp_ps.ccx. It will open creative cloud app and will ask to install from locally and say yes or what ever and it will install in Plugins. Restart Photoshop and there you go. It will start behaing with Photoshop as it should.

You are all welcome in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works when you change in the Logi Option plus to keyboard shortcut. Up: ] Down [

Doesn't works on the Hungarian keyboard layout and similar because for the ] you have to press the option + 9. If you press the option the Photoshop and other Adobe products will work a differently so you have to change to the US keyboard layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of that and more, and nothing is working as it should. My conclusion is that logi doesn't recognize photoshop 2023 update and we have to wait for logi to fix things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines