• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Alt(option)+Zoom won't resize window anymore

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, why the hell do you guys mess stuff up in every release? 
If you are going to pay us for the time we lose every time you change something we're used to, maybe and only maybe that could be acceptable.

I just updated to PS CC 21.1.0 and when I first opened I tried to zoom the document while pressing Option and it is not resizing window anymore.

If we had a release notes link in the Creative Cloud main window MAYBE we could read about changes and what we need to learn from your funny changes in order to continue working. But on the contrary, there are no release notes, or information on what's changed and worst of all THERE IS NO SUPPORT, we have to get here and find help from people you don't pay to help others. 

We are not using an open source program to get help from the community, we are paying YOU ADOBE to get tools that work, not that makes us lose time.

[Moderator Note: PS-43928]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac or PC on a PC the shortcuts for zooming are Ctrl++, Ctrl+-  and Ctrl+0 there is also Ctrl+Alt+0 there are also some preferences involved. Be sure Zoom Resizes Windows is checked....

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but the Zoom resizes windows used to work without it being checked in that panel, normal zooming (with no window change) was done with command(control in windows) + '+' as you state it, and if you wanted to have the zoom to resize your window you only had to hold Option(alt in windows) to do it.

I normally start resizing windows by using Option+Command+'+' and then continue using mostly Command+'+' with the window already resized. But if you check "Zoom Resizes Window" in the Tools tab of the Preferences panel, it does the opposite.

So, now pressing Option and the Zoom hotkey combo doesn't resize the window anymore. But thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see Ctrl+Alt++ and  Ctrl+Alt+-   Zoom image Window with   Preference "Zoom Resizes Window" not checked zooms the Image windows using CC 2019.

Where in Photoshop 2020 version 21.1.0 the Image zooms but not the window. You should report this to Adobe on their feedback site Adobe's Photoshop Family Feedback Site 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I haven't been able to log in to that site for a long time for some reason, I've tried with different browsers and devices but I only get a tiny window with an X on the top right when I press log in. So, I decided not to invest more time into that issue and swallow my feedback.

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that issue and had to allow cross site cookies, or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I suggest to post on https://feedback.photoshop.com and state the 21.1 in the title.

Maybe post another thread for release notes in the CC app, it makes a lot of sense.

BTW, usually the info is listed there: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2020-2.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues 

(and those three could be linked from the CC app, indeed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just commented to JJMack that I can't log in there, if I may ask for your kind help into doing that for me I would greatly appreciate it guys.

Thank you.

About the links you shared, I did found those after searching for some time, but then again, I had to search. This only adds to the frustration of not having support of any kind from Adobe and having to rely on other users. This only makes me question if it's really worth to pay monthly for photoshop or just get another photo editor, and choose between workflow-breaking problems on every release or lack of some very specific tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack, Thank you for the reminder to re-check "zoom resizes windows", along with the screenshot.  I rely on the Control/Command +/- to keep my workspace organized by zooming each image AND their windows quickly.  What a mess when it went away with the update! I'd forgotten that it was an option in Preferences.  Very happy now, thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just going to open up a thread for this but now I'll jump on your bandwagon. Yes, it is annoying as hell that CTRL + "+" + Alt does not resize the document window anymore. I also stumbled over the possible workaround to check the option "Zoom Resizes Window" in the preferences (were using "ALT" ironically still stops the window from resizing...)  but that would mean to do the exact opposite of what I have done in the last 20 years and my brain is still recovering from not having to press SHIFT anymore if I want to proportionally scale a selection. 

So, yeah, Adobe, PLEASE bring back the old function! It hurts so much to fight against these changes, they mess up the complete workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please join us in the link of the post created by davescm below, I was able to log in (after disabling my pi-hole) and copy pasted my original post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in Adobe ballpark now. Adobe often fixes problems update cause.  A few problems they choose not to correct.  They feel the change or bug is best for Adobe. When there is a lot of flack like with Transform Adobe will address a problem. I do not think the will be a lot of flack.  I did not even know Ctrl+Alt++ and Ctrl+Alt+- where shortcuts.  Who can remember and use all of Photoshop shortcuts and the changes Adobe makes to them.  I do use some.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that raising the issue on this forum does not put it in front of Adobe staff or developers. We are Photoshop users not Adobe employees.

I've raised the issue at the link below , you may wish to add your own comments

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/v21-1-zoom-resize-window-issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I could not do it earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines