• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import brushes and brush settings on iPad/mobile

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to find a way to import brushes to the new Photoshop for I-pad program, but I can't find a way. It seems like it's supported in it's sister-program Fresco, but somehow didn't get the support in Photoshop? I find this hard to believe since it is an essential part of Photoshop and one of the best features of photoshop. 

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Photoshop on iPad now supports loading brushes directly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGBfb9puU_Y

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upload my brush set from my desk Photoshop to my new ipad photoshop app?   and do they actually work or is there a lag? I saw some bad comments about that on the app store

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Loading brushes is not supported as of now, you can shared a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into this for future updates.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to find a way to import brushes to the new Photoshop for I-pad program, but I can't find a way. It seems like it's supported in it's sister-program Fresco, but somehow didn't get the support in Photoshop? I find this hard to believe. Am I missing some obvious method? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Loading brushes is not supported as of now, you can shared a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into this for future updates.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they just said at MAX, Photoshop for the iPad started with compositing. You're currently mainly expected to place imagery you have, and do some basic masking, transforming, colorizing, to get the elements to fit into your overall image. They also showed at MAX that they will be bringing better Sensei selecting options "very soon" according to the presenter. I'm hoping, too, that importing my brushes and other presets will be added also "very soon."

From the introduction in MAX, the emphasis was on all the reworked basics of PS for mobile adaption and performance that the rest of the features will be built upon, so this is truly a v1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah so , I download the adobe photoshop on iPad ,,, and I can't import my brushes.. like in adobe sketch.. will you fix it in the future? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Loading brushes is not supported as of now, you can shared a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please please please add the ability to edit and import brushes. it just seems like a no brainer to have that in order to attempt at competing with procreate. brush smoothing is a massive plus and why I was looking forward to PS for ipad, but the brushes available to us now is really lackluster and completely kills any use for illustrators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won’t Pen tool or my ps brush set I am a concept artist my I have my 7 year collection brush if brass is not import in this photoshop this ipad photoshop bullshit for me. You can check my art work https://www.artstation.com/ayushdubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the whole purpose of Photoshop is the detailed creation of and fine control over brushes. That there's no importing of existing PS brushes, and the basic set doesn't even include a standard tiltable pencil, is absolutely nuts to me. On top of that, drawing anything, even with the most basic hard round brush, is laggy. This should be priority #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a selection of brushes I always use for photoshop and would love them on photoshop for mobile however I can't see any import places so if there is a feature please tell me how to do it if not implement plz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please!  Oh my this is a maddening workflow.  Anytime I change a brush, I have to pick and hold the brush icon, select my desired brush from the list, change the brush size, and change the color, the do it all over again just to get back to the brush I had previously.  Talk about a workflow inhibitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you please make the abr brushes import possible in photoshop for Ipad ? Thanks a lot that would be very useful for digital painter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But see, I don't care at all about custom brushes. I want adjustment layers and no cloud sync requirement.

I suspect that Adobe has a priority list because each of us wants different things. You'll have to be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think adjustment layers are one of the few things they do seem to offer. Actually I can't seem to find a way to make a image-adjustment other then by making an adjustment layer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to import brush presets on photoshop for the ipad yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... As you perhaps already seen, there's not much you can do with PS for iPad...

Everything that makes Photoshop great on desktop is missing on the iPad version, including import brushes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Procreate is still the only way. So many adobe mobile drawing apps and so many bugs in basic features...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! The mobile app needs the same brushes and brush costumizaton settings as the desktop Photoshop has. I would really like to use my accustomed brushes as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we get more options for artists? Will we be able to download the Kyle T Webster brushes and other custom brushes to give us more variety and consistency between the mobile and desktop app? I am very happy we are gifted the ability to have as many layers (unlike
Sketch) and to be able to open large projects we are working back and forth on the desktop app;this is very beneficial for travel. But if I am not able to use the same brushes I started with on the desktop, it will be difficult to switch to this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I’m new to this site and need some help. Ive worked with photoshop before on a desktop but am currently using an ipad Pro and I have no clue how to unzip the files and import them into photoshop. If anyone can help me with some tips I’d greatly appreciate it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 1 does not support importing of brushes, but you can vote here to have that feature added:

Photoshop Mobile: Import brushes and brush settings

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate