• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac os Big Sur 11.4 | Photoshop 2021 Not Opening/Crash

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT: Today I updated my OS, Mac os Big Sur 11.4 After update Photoshop Latest Version 2021 is not opening. Pls make a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried this with a computer restart. It didn't work.  Any other suggestions?  TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If after resetting prefs or disabling GPU doesn't help:

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 

Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 

You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever find a solution? Mine's doing the same thing and I need it working yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet.  I had Adobe chat working on my computer remotely for a couple of hours on Friday.  Tomorrow a senior advisor will try again.  (There is a cludge work around.  Set up a new user with administrative authority.  Log in. Photoshop will work but you lose access to all your preferences/settings for all your software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I thought I responded to this the day you wrote it.

How'd it go with Adobe?? Mine's still not working and I'm in trouble without it. Getting behind on some work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe told me the problem was that my iMac didn't have at least 2GB of dedicated video ram and I needed to downgrade to photoshop 2020.  This didn't make a lot of sense when PS 2021 worked fine before I updated to OS 11.4 and also worked under 11.4 when I set up a new user with admin authority.  When I started to set up all my apps under the new user, I discovered that PS may work but my Topaz filters did not.  I've given up and ordered a new M1 Mac.  ðŸ˜¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... Okay, thanks man. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up my new Mac and still had the same problem with PS hanging on startup.  So I went back to Adobe support and lucked in with a new techie who solved the problem.  My solution was to go to Finder / Go to Folder and put in ~/Library. Then click on Application Support/Adobe.  Find the UXP file and change the name to UXP.old.  Repeat this same process with one change:  Finder /Go to Folder but this time put in /Library. Then click on Application Support/Adobe and change UXP to UXP.old. Restart your computer.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - thanks so much, CanadaGeorge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you CanadaGeorge!  This worked for me as well.  Whew!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also updated and it was working now suddnly stoped and its saying adobe photoshop 2021 quit unexoextedly

pls can someone say what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not get PS to work with updates so went to my account where  I uninstalled the curren PS version, and reloaded it -then I clicked on the three dots to the right of my PS app in my creative cloud account and converted to a previous version - I used the 22.2 version to make sure I got a useable version - it works on macOS Big Sur Version 11.4 for me.  You could try going back only one version of PS, but after I had tried everything else, I could not get PS to launch.  I work with the classic desktop version.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Here is some information about Big Sur and the latest version of PS. See if this will help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my new M1 iMac24 running 11.4. Pulled it out of the box, migrated my data from timemachine, then tried to install Creative Cloud. It will not install. Have spent hours with both Adobe and Apple and neither have yet to figure out how to fix it. Both have used remote support to work on the computer and have not figured it out. Both have been very good to work with. I just need it fixed so I can go back to work. Evidently there is a specific security issue with OS11.4 and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to try a few of the suggestions in this thread in the morning but I have found that older version of PS seem to work better. Photoshop version 22.3.1 works just fine on my 2017 MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines