• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[mac] Photoshop freezing on startup 2021/22.4.2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Researched a bunch. doesn't look like im the only one. Howcome I can run lightroom classic no problem but photoshop crashes on startup. i have no preferences that i can see. i added the permissions on the security & privacy. restarted my mac and still it doesn't run. If i cannot run this application im paying for will i be able to cancel my subscription without getting the additional charge? is it only a mac issue? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac and Mac OS are you running on? What is your graphics card and VRAM? 

Photoshop and Lightroom have different system requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 2015. 2.8 GHz i7

16 gig ram, intel iris pro 1536 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Mac Energy Saver preferences. See if you can turn off "Automatic Graphics Switching".

You may have an Intel Iris Pro, but with higher end 2015 MBP they also have a low end NVIDIA card that is not up to specs for newer versions of Photoshop. (Geforce GTX 550, 660, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appriciate the reply but it didn't work. So basically im out of luck with running photoshop on my mac? Im not trying to do anything super demanding. just make a few small pictures. would using a older version of photoshop work? is that a thing i can do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had the option and turned it off - you need to restart your Mac for it to take affect.

After you restart, check which graphics card is listed under Photoshop Performance preferences.

If you want to go to an earlier version here is how:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted and still freezing on startup. cant get past the "whats new screen" just the colorful spinning wheel. how would i look at photoshop performance prefences on mac if photoshop wont open past that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience due to Photoshop freezing on launch. I see you have tried the steps suggested by Kevin but they haven't helped. Would you mind telling us which macOS version you're working on? Is this a fresh install of Photoshop or have you used Photoshop on this machine in the past?

If you have used the application in the past, there might be preferences from the previous version causing the issue. You can try resetting the Preference manually using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue persists, try re-installing Photoshop after uninstalling it using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines