• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make 3D toy dinosaur skin rougher

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a toy 3d dinosaur in Photoshop. The object was imported into Photoshop with 4 texture files. See screen shot below. I want to add more texture (roughness) to the dinosaur skin and make it less reflective. Can I somehow use the Rougness slider in the materials section to do that? I have adjusted the Roughness slider but it doesn't seem to change anything. Maybe rougness doesn't mean what I think it does!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roughness doesn't really make anything rougher. It merely scatters the light to make objects look duller/ more matte. You would likely have to create a custom bump/ normal map, but without actually seeing your object and how the shading looks nobody can advise specifically.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually duller and more matte would be useful. I have attached some images of what I am working with. The trouble is I don't know how to use the roughness slider. I tried selecting all possible items but nothing changes when I move the slider. Can you tell me in detail how to make the rougness adjustment work?

Thanks!

PS: I tried replying to your message but don't get the option to Post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines