• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make my touchscreen laptop work as a Tablet with Screen? Specifically How? Can I?

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I thought it would be an obvious function after getting my new laptop with a touch screen (Lenovo X1 Extreme), you know, since it has a touchscreen I might just buy a touchscreen pen and draw away. But I was soon to find out Photoshop 2020 does not let me use the brush tool with my finger let alone a pen. And searches seem to indicate that not many people tried to do it, except I think like MS Surface that came with its own pens and Windows Ink stuff. So my question here is very general, is it possible to draw on my touchscreen? If so, how would I go about it? What equipment is there for this purpose? I really wanted to draw digitally but just can't quite get used to a screenless tablet I have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Does your laptop support a pressure sensitive pen.  A touch screen stylus look may look like a pen but they are just a finger substitute.  Photoshop only support touch gestures you really can not use touch with Photoshop tool like brushes.  You can  paint with your finger if you click and hold down your left mouse button when you want your finger to lay down paint. It is like using a mouse. A pressure sensitive pen tips touching the tablets signal a left click down event to your OS.  Your finger

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your laptop support a pressure sensitive pen.  A touch screen stylus look may look like a pen but they are just a finger substitute.  Photoshop only support touch gestures you really can not use touch with Photoshop tool like brushes.  You can  paint with your finger if you click and hold down your left mouse button when you want your finger to lay down paint. It is like using a mouse. A pressure sensitive pen tips touching the tablets signal a left click down event to your OS.  Your finger touch does not.   You may be able to modify or configure your touch device driver to signal a left click down event when a finger  is touching your touch screen.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines