• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making selections within grouped layers

Contributor ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created two graphics and placed each on a different layer, then grouped the two layers together. My goal is to be able to select one graphic and copy it to a new document, then select both graphics together and copy them to another new document. My plan was to turn off the visibility of the second graphic when making the first selection, then turn it on when making the second. In both cases, I use the same saved selection outline.

This isn't working. No matter which layer (one, two, or group) I load the selection onto, I can never copy both graphics, only one or the other. What am I doing wrong?

I'd attach the file, but its 636MB.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Select both layers and right-click.  Select Link Layers from the context menu.

2. Click, drag & hold linked layers over a new document tab.  Wait for the tab to open first and then release layers onto the new canvas.

3. Use the Move tool to position layers where desired.

4. Adjust layer visibility & opacity as needed. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines