Menu bar missing in Photoshop 21.0.2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, 

I am using Windows 10 and the latest versions of Photoshop ( 21.0.1 and 21.0.2) are missing the top menu bar. The older versions ( 20.0.7 and 20.0.8) are fine.

Any suggestions?

Steve

capture-20191211-083145.png

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion #1
Try resetting the Photoshop preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preferences.html
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Suggestion #2
I think you are referring to a missing Menu bar but could it be the Options bar that you are missing (Window > Options)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

That's not a usual experience with Photoshop 21.0.2 version as menu bar is missing from the app interface.

I'd recommend that you check the current view in Photoshop you're in. Try the options below:

• Click on window then workspace then you'll see the word Photography click on it
  • Try pressing the F key. You probably pressed it by mistake at some point, which would put you into one of the Full Screen modes.

Let us know howit goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Windows Device Manager under Display adapters, and see if you have more than one adapter active. If so, and one of them is "Intel" something, disable that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, but they didn't work.

No...it is the menu bar...not options. Check screenshot below.

If I move my mouse up to where, say, the "edit" menu is and click....the edit drop-down list appears...but not the word "Edit" at the top. It is as if the text is the same color as the menu bar background.

I'm definitely in "Photography" profile too...as it is selectable by an icon in the top right.

Steve

capture-20191211-150845.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, it started with the new version. ps 2019 was as perfect as previous versions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem - as other have stated this started with 2020 - wasnt a problem in 2019 - the menubar items flicker and disappear and reappear when you hoover your mouse over the menubar. This behavvior has been consistent on all versions og windows starting from 2020 and has been observerved on several workstations running 1903 to 20H2 - this is with updated nvdia studio drivers and RTX cards 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem - as other have stated this started with 2020 - wasnt a problem in 2019 - the menubar items flicker and disappear and reappear when you hoover your mouse over the menubar. This behavvior has been consistent on all versions og windows starting from 2020 and has been observerved on several workstations running 1903 to 20H2 - this is with updated nvdia studio drivers and RTX cards 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned updated drivers. I once had some very odd behaviour within Adobe programs that I eventually solved by reverting the Wacom tablet driver to an earlier version. This likely isn't directly related to your issue but it could be a factor to consider.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, 

Did you manage to resolve this problem by any chance? 

I have the same issue with my PS 2020. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - clearly something has changed in the way the app is drawing the UI and especially the menus. Flickering and lagging menus is consistent across the board. Only solution seems to downgrade. We keep at least the four previous  pointreleases of PS installed at any given time on all systems for the same reason. Changing GPU settings  and disabling GPU acceleration entirely doesnt affect this issue. Neither does disallowing internet access. This is clearly related to the way the UI is being drawn and only Adobe knows what hase been changede in that regard. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am still using 2019 version becuase both 2020 & 2021 have this issue. I have scoured google and forums. uninstalled and reinstalled, tried tricks and nothing has worked. so weird

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a Mac, the menu is in the top banner on your screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Took me forever to figure out. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines