• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minimize instead of quit

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to minimize (instead of quitting) PS when X'ing out (top right corner) in Windows 10?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Maybe I'm misreading your post but can't you just use the minimize button on the top right corner like you do with any application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but I think it's pretty much a Windows rule that things work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows key, down arrow.   Do you know the other Window key shortcuts?  They are pretty cool, and I especially like the Windows key, arrow shortcuts for neatly parking windows.  They are especially useful with multiple screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for prompt answers guys! Other apps (e.g. Spotify) has a nice little toggle to prevent accidental closing of the app (and in Spotify's case; music cut-off). I have the bad habit of closing PS when I actually mean to only minimize, and it takes me ages to restart every time. But I guess then, that there is no such feature in PS?

LambertCollection_0-1623401124740.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Spotify a Widget/Gadget rather than an app?   Do they work differently with different shortcuts perhaps?

How to Get Windows 10 Widgets on Your Desktop (makeuseof.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spotify is an app and all apps work differently, yes. That's why I'm trying to find out if the PS app has something similar to Spotify's feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking outside the box: how about starting work - each time you open Photoshop - by creating a small new (unsaved) document, then ignoring it and working on the one you want. Photoshop won't close without confirming you want to throw away the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Spotify: it's common with apps like this to have the option to minimize, sometimes to the system tray. The reason is not to stop accidents, but because they may be doing work full time. It probably wouldn't be appropriate for a huge app like Photoshop, would could be using 80% of your system resources just doing nothing, to hide rather than actually go away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks man! That makes perfect sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines