• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing faux bold and italic in latest photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there doesn't seem to be the faux bold and italic option in the latest photoshop. Or am I missing something? (no pun intended!) -here's a screenshot of my character options regardless of chosen font.no bold or italicsno bold or italics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot in which the Character Panel is fully visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh! Okay, I feel like an idiot. I just went to menu and Character Panel and everything is there. BUT in my (perhaps limited) defense, when I just open it up from the side they are not there by default which is weird since the other options are - and it's not like I can make it wider- so it does seem confusing. Just going to put up both images in case anyone else ever has this issue.

🙂

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.44.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Faux Styles may have been left out of the Properties Panel because they do not produce proper vector output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proper vector output?

Photoshop is a raster program, sure it can utilize vectors but that's not what I'm concerned about when I'm using photoshop. I want the full ability to manipulate my image at to any degree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want the full ability to manipulate my image at to any degree."

What is stopping you? The question is about why two buttons which are available in the character panel are not duplicated in the properties panel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Photoshop is a raster program"

Photoshop is raster except where it is vector. Type in Photoshop is vector, thankfully. In the early days it was pixels on whatever layer was currently active. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-type.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can output vector data in (at least) pdf, svg and eps; so vector output is a possibility with Photoshop and deserves consideration. 

If the presence of the faux-buttons in the Properties Panel matters to you a lot feel free to post a Feature Request over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a font that doesn't have a bold version, you can apply faux bold via the Character Panel fly-out menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble. I understand if Adode wanted to remove the feature because it was causing an issue for some customers, but it seems odd that they still have button that is permanently disabled.

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 2.27.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is disabled? Faux Bold and Fauc Italic seem to be available in your screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of my office, and can't check, but it appears you trying to apply Fake Bold to Raleway Bold? Does Fake Bold work with non-bold versions of Raleway? Does it work with other typefaces?

If Raleway doesn't come with an Extra Bold version and you want extra bold, try adding a stroke to the text.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply faux italics, which is present but disabled, as shown in my screen shot. An oublique or italics version of the font doesn't seem to be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the screenshot it appears not to be disabled.  

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 16.33.41.png

Maybe you could post a more meaningful screenshot, not just a snippet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines