Missing Metadata and psb files

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I use Lightroom to catelogue my images, and when I view them I can see my metadata - date of capture and camera settings.

I process my images in Photoshop and save them as psb images because they and usually large files, but when I review my image and 'Get Info' my metadata has disappeared.

This can be a problem if I enter competitions.

Can someone assist please?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may  be because PSB is a layered File Format. Check the Meta data in Photoshop.  Lightroom does not have layer support it just cans use the full composite image in a layered file.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

I've been fiddling tonight.

I flatten the layer in Photoshop, checked that the metadata was there, which it was, I then saved the flattened image as as PSD file.  When I checked the image using 'Get Info' the metadata wasn't there!

So frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some Photoshop features designed for the web will strip meta data by default like export

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines