• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing NIK Plugin after Update to 2021 (Mac)

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's the thing... I work on a mac. In the "Library -> Application Support -> Adobe" is my "Plug-Ins"-folder, where NIK Plugin etc. are installed. They are NOT within the subfolder "Adobe Photoshop 2020".

After updating to Adobe PS 2021 all these Plugins do not show anymore in the filter menu resp. for the NIK Collection are no longer accessible in the automatisation-menu.

There's nothing to be copied from 2020 to 2021, because the presets are outside of these folders (one level higher). Worked perfectly fine for all previous versions and was recommended to avoid exactly what happened now - the plugin is missing in the newest version.

Any hints/ideas how to get them all back to work without installing them again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did up until the 2021 release use Nik but Luminar 4 has disappeared also. The plugins only seem to point towards Adobe Cloud based plugins. Can't believe that  theres not more noise about this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree as of a few days ago everything was fine now all my topaz and other plugins are gone. With

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

I had the same problem but it's actually a really easy fix. 

You just need to go into the programme files on your PC's hard drive:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins 

Copy the Nik Collection folder and paste it in the Photoshop 2021 Plug-ins folder 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Plug-ins

I found it using this video
https://youtu.be/G46ZkjD1bhg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah well... looking at your path you use Windows, not Mac and the question was for Mac user 😉

And like I wrote: my plugins are NOT installed in the plugin folder of the previous version, they are one folder above. So unfortunately your answer isn't helping at all with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this helps but I got it working and searched for folders. Here's a copy of the path. They appear in the Google folder. I thought they used to appear in Plugins when using PS but they now appear in the Filters munu. 

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 10.58.29.pngScreenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.03.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works! You have to copy the folder "Google" (with the filters inside) from the old path PS 2020 > Plug-ins to the same path of Photoshop 2021.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not been able to make it work so frustrated. Why does Adobe continue to do things that makes things difficult. I'm about to give up on them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Running on a Apple M1 Chip Laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines