• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More file saving problems

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the latest update and while I find the save a copy thing rather annoying, my biggest problems are filename issues. so far two bugs observed:

1) changes/defaults to filename Untitled.psd no matter how many times i've saved it as something else. Then if I close the document it asks me if i want to close untitled.psd without saving. This is a huge workflow problem and can potentialy lead to a lot of heartache and wasted hours.

2) I saved a PSD file and when saving the JPG version of this, it changed the file name to another PSD I had in the same folder. To be clear... I had "TwitchProfileBanner.psd" open. Saved the JPG (the above bug #1 happened so I had to type out the name). Cropped the image and saved as "TwitchProfileIcon.psd". Normally this would change my current open file to the latter. I saved the JPG and it went back to "TwitchProfileBanner.psd". 

Why is simple file-naming such a problem for so long? Is the JPG copy problem solved finally?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this save a copy thing is absolutely stupid. I can't save a JPG version of a document without the suffix "copy" being added??? Is there any way to get rid of this functionality? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue.
I can't just CTRL+Shift+S anymore. No file extentions, only PSD/PSB/TIF.
I rarely use anything but .JPG
Now i'm having to "save as a copy" OR go through the whole file menu and export as a .jpg
Plus when I "save as a copy", I have to rename the file everytime.
Me saving my files is just pure muscle memory at this point. This has really added a huge delay to my workflow. 
Why this was an update is beyond me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on with support and the only solution to NOT adopt this new thing is to roll back versions. SUPER COOL.

why they keep f'ing with the file-saving process is beyond me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines