• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photoshop crash when i try to open JPEGs or TiFF files...

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop crash when i try to open JPEGs or TiFF files...I can open PSD, PNG, PDF but not those. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop that didnt help. Try changing the the name to see if it will open still nothing...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried opening the JPGs and TIFF documents in other applications to test whether they are corrupt?
Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?
Photoshop 22.4.2 / windows 10

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?
RAM 8,068 MB Physical memory /2,911 MB Physical Memory available.
Spare hard disk capacity 464 GB
Have you tried opening the JPGs and TIFF documents in other applications to test whether they are corrupt?
Opened it in Acrobat and it worked

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?
Tried resetting the photoshop preferences as well - still crashes.

This happened like 3 ½ weeks ago, maybe longer. I can create new photoshop documents and if it's a jpeg or tiff I have to open it with photos and copy it to a psd file. Tried almost everything and it still crashes. The same problem for my Adobe bridge - it just crashes when its being booted up.

(please remove automatic email signatures when posting in this forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. This is very very frustrating as I can't do my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it with Ps 22.5?

Where are the files located? Does the user/Ps have all the necessary permissions?

Could you go to help>system info and copy the text to a txt file that you add here.

Did you try the following steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-crash-or-freeze.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kencraft – Can you answer the questions I posed earlier to B Young about Photoshop and OS versions and your system specs and whether you've tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's only jpeg and tiff it's probably the video driver crashing ACR. By default, jpeg/tiff will try to open in ACR if they have previously been opened there (so that they have ACR metadata).

A buggy video driver can crash in ACR but not Photoshop, and vice versa.

To test this, disable GPU in ACR preferences (not Photoshop preferences). Another workaround is to disable jpeg/tiff support in ACR, also in ACR preferences. Then they will open directly into Photoshop.

None of these will fix the underlying problem, which is a buggy video driver, but they will narrow down the problem and work around it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines