My photoshop crash when i try to open JPEGs or TiFF files...

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop crash when i try to open JPEGs or TiFF files...I can open PSD, PNG, PDF but not those. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop that didnt help. Try changing the the name to see if it will open still nothing...

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried opening the JPGs and TIFF documents in other applications to test whether they are corrupt?
Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Which version of Photoshop and OS?
Photoshop 22.4.2 / windows 10

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?
RAM 8,068 MB Physical memory /2,911 MB Physical Memory available.
Spare hard disk capacity 464 GB
Have you tried opening the JPGs and TIFF documents in other applications to test whether they are corrupt?
Opened it in Acrobat and it worked

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?
Tried resetting the photoshop preferences as well - still crashes.

This happened like 3 ½ weeks ago, maybe longer. I can create new photoshop documents and if it's a jpeg or tiff I have to open it with photos and copy it to a psd file. Tried almost everything and it still crashes. The same problem for my Adobe bridge - it just crashes when its being booted up.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D779D1.F00368C0]

Brandon Young
Graphic Artist II | Communications
PO Box 860 Honolulu HI 96808 | 818 Keeaumoku St Honolulu HI 96814
Office 808.948.6576
hmsa.com | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | brandon_young@hmsa.com

An Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association

If you have any questions, please reply to this email or contact usin another way that's convenient to you. You can also learn more about our plans and get information on our wellness programs at hmsa.com.We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Non-discrimination notice
Need a Language Interpreter?
?Olelo Hawai?i | Bisaya | ???? | Ilokano | ??? | ??? | ??????? | Kajin ?ajo? | Lokaiahn Pohnpei | Gagana Samoa | Español | Tagalog | Tonga | Foosun Chuuk | Ti?ng Vi?t

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This electronic message is not an offer to contract, the acceptance of an offer to contract, or in any other way intended to contractually obligate HMSA; neither is it intended to change the terms of any existing contract unless specifically so stated. The information contained in this electronic message (or attached hereto) is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are cautioned that use of its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message by e-mail to the sender or to postmaster@hmsa.com, and permanently delete the original message and any attachments to it. We will reimburse you for any cost you incur in notifying us of the errant e-mail. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines