• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photosop colors are darker

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything i open is darker, even the photosop is darker and i see things as i want only if i use Ctrl + Y (test colors)

I want everything to look like it really looks plsss!

download.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darker than what?

Photoshop is color managed. Not all applications are and that would account for a mismatch. 

Photoshop is correct. The other application may not be. So what's the other application and do you know that it is color managed? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this happend to me like two weeks ago? because i have my monitor calibrated and i see the original colors but photosop make them darker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your reply. 

Again, are you viewing the images in two different applications and if so, what is the 2nd? 

No matter the calibration, if one product is color managed and the other isn't, they will not match. Non color managed applications have no idea about display profiles or document profiles. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is windows image viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows "Photos" is not color managed and will never display correctly, ever, under any circumstances.

Photoshop displays correctly as long as your monitor profile is accurate. The only way to ensure that is to use a calibrator. If you're not, you often get monitor profiles from the monitor/laptop manufacturer, distributed through Windows Update. These profiles are very often broken in various ways. It appears that might be the case here.

As a temporary fix, replace your current monitor profile with a known good generic profile like sRGB IEC61966-2.1. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile.

Relaunch Photoshop when done - it loads the profile at application startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo... just explain me, why i have the colors that i want or the correct colors for me, call it want you want when i use the Test colors = Ctrl + Y ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because ctrl+Y invokes Proof to Monitor RGB, which disables display color management and bypasses the monitor profile.

It's entirely expected and confirms that the monitor profile is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i follow the steps on your guide it will fix my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pabloax wrote:

So if i follow the steps on your guide it will fix my problem?

Your problem is not using a color managed an application like Photoshop. Don't use non color managed applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...but also a bad monitor profile which causes Photoshop to display incorrectly.

So the fix to your problem is to buy a calibrator, so that you can trust Photoshop, and stop using non-color managed applications.

In the meantime, using sRGB as monitor profile might be close enough to at least get you working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines