Need a script to batch process mockups from seamless images

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. 
I'm hoping someone can assist with a script for this, as it would make life way easier.

I use seamless patterns for printing purposes, and do mockups to showcase the print options. 

I found a script that works perfectly to batch replace the smart object and save it as a Jpeg. However, in order for the seamless pattern to display at an appropriate scale, I have to first create a swatch and then save the swatch in the correct canvas size to use on the mockup. Which still leaves me with quite a lengthy process when I'm doing 3-4 mockups (different canvas size for each mockup) with over 500+ seamless images to process. 

I don't mind the need to do multiple scripts, as long as there is no manual step that still takes ages.

So in essence, I am looking for the following scripts:

1. Batch process seamless images to be 150x150mm (usually perfect scale for printing)

2. Take the seamless image, create a swatch, layout on canvas and then save as jpeg.

Bonus: If there is a script that can batch replace text, that would be great as well, to add in the file name on the image itself. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would need to modify the mockup scripts you currently use to handle your custom mockup design.  To include patter  fill option  and able to tell which Smat objects need to be updated using a pattern fill.  the replacing would be defined as a temp pattern and the smart object filled with pattern then the temp pattern deleted. The Smarts Object  layers that need Text replacement also need be added, The smart  object layers that text replacement must be designed into template design and the replacement text must be in the layers object replacement.   The Mockup Templates design must meet your requirements and the populating  code the do the pattern fill and text replacement must be added to the script.  The scripts need code to detect which smart object are replaced using Patten Fill and which layer are updated with text replacements.   You need to come up with some template design and the populating script to populate your mockup templates.  There is no standard  mockop templated design. You design templates for your needs and you need to populate then your content.  You need a custom mockup template design and a custom populating sctipt.   If you do not know photoshop well and know how to script Photoshop your life  has become much harder.  The script you found  most likely just blindly replaces the Mockup templates PSD  top smart objects layers content.  With Replace content or Editing object and fill with replacement content.

If all you replace are patterns you can most likely replace the current scrip  edit replacement code to do a pattern fill instead of the current fill steps. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines