• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help trying to make textured colour larger.

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

So basicially iv'e been trying to do this for hours but im a bit clueless!! I have two images of which i want to blend together. One is of the main subject long exposure with good light and the other is a shorter exposure for fireworks. I'm finding if i just make the firework layer to blending option "lighten" i have pretty much the result i'm after, except for one thing. The problem iv'e got is in the firework shot i have a red(colour of the firworks) shadow over the water which is what i want, but part of the shadow has a light trail from a boat in it which I do not like. I want to basically make the red shadow on the water larger and cover the part that is affected by the light trail. I basically want to make the red shadow larger infront of the subject and get rid of the light trail that runs through part of it. I'm a bit useless with PS but trying to learn. I cant really find a tutorial on this as I don't really know exactly what to look for. Iv'e attached an image to try and show what I mean.

Thanks very much

Dominic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have attached screenshots, not the images themselves. 

Anyway, as usual my advice comes down to using Smart Objects. 

You can have two instances of the fireworks SO, mask them separately and scale the one with the reflection. 

But I think you may want to redo the removal of the ships’ lights. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what exactly you want to achieve. I see you are using layer mask to hide one part of top image. 

Can you enlarge top image and mask everything else but part that you want to blend with below image? Will that work for you? Delete mask, convert layer with image to Smart Object then create new layer mask and start experiementing. To not loose existing mask you can create blank new layer, drag mask to that layer then hide it although it is empty anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've attached another image below with the layer mask deleted and a caption to try and make it a bit more clear on what im trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand you better. You can simply mask on top image everything else beside part that needs to be redish on layer below. Instead of Lighten try with layer Opacity slider .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But im trying to add more of the red and replace it over the light trail thats cutting through it, thats all in the same image. If i mask it out im still left with the problem of not enough red and the part iv'e circled in the image above still being there.

Thanks for the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines