• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 'Save as copy' feature - please revert to original behavior for Windows

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Photoshop 'Save as' command is unnecessarily confusing, and has slowed down my workflow as I am constantly being confused as to what document I am working in. I often 'Save as' a document to a new name to create a copy, then I want to be able to keep working in that copy. But now, when I save a copy Photoshop continues to have me work in the old file. I have lost work by saving when I thought I working on a new file. Please reverse this. I'm begging you. It was perfectly fine before.

I am aware that this decision was made as a result of something Apple did. But I'm not using an Apple computer. I have Windows 10. There is no reason why this should affect me. Could you at least have an option in the menu for 'Legacy Save as'? Even if it's only on Windows? Please, please change this back. It's so bad I might just continue using an old version of Photoshop. I need this reversed. I could get used to a new shortcut, but this change in how saving functions is a step too far.

Please do whatever you can to change this back.

And Thank you for taking the time to read this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to requst that on Adobe site for feature request. This is a user form site users here do not work for Adobe. Use https://feedback.photoshop.com/  You should also ask Apple, Apple seems to control how Adobe Programs Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for telling me this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines