• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Photoshop and needs help stopping annoying pop-ups

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to do anything on photoshop 2018 - these annoying little pop ups appear and get in the way of me seeing my full photo or document Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 8.50.09 PM.png and then when I DO click the rectangle tool even if that's not the tool I needed or have been trying to use another blue pop up saying a new layer has been created shows up.

How do I get these to stop appearing because I am about to lose my mind.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi gracer3200511

Sorry that you're getting the tool-tip pop ups in Photoshop. Please refer the steps below to disable them in app preferences:

• Go to Photoshop/Edit > Preferences > Tools to open Tools tab in the preferences dialog. You can also press Ctrl/Cmd + K than to click on Tools on the right side.
  • Click on the square on the left side of Show Tooltips to disappear checkmark (uncheck this option).
  • Click on the square on the left side of Use Rich Tooltips to disappear checkmark (uncheck this opti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gracer3200511

Sorry that you're getting the tool-tip pop ups in Photoshop. Please refer the steps below to disable them in app preferences:

• Go to Photoshop/Edit > Preferences > Tools to open Tools tab in the preferences dialog. You can also press Ctrl/Cmd + K than to click on Tools on the right side.
  • Click on the square on the left side of Show Tooltips to disappear checkmark (uncheck this option).
  • Click on the square on the left side of Use Rich Tooltips to disappear checkmark (uncheck this option).
  • Click OK to confirm and exit Preferences dialog.

Turn off tooltips in Photoshop CC 2018

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH, it's been so annoying.

Sasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt work for me. Do I need to restart the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt work for me. Do I need to restart the app?

By @mareille29445036elf6

You answered a question from five years ago. Are you also using PS 2018? If not, give us your version and your OS.

• How is it "not working"?
  • What happened when you restarted Photoshop? 
  • Please describe your issue and show a screenshot of Preferences > Tools.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using an IMAC w/ Apple M3 with Ventura 13.6.3, but I can't bypass the "Suggestions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines