I can't save SVG anymore (Mac M1).

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop on the M1 Mac while trying to Save/Export SVG files. This is a known issue & our product team is currently investigating it. For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop does not support SVG files, illustrator,  Photoshop can export SVG file  however the file is likely to have more raster image data then vector image data.  You can Place ins SVG files as vector object.  The vector are in the object not in Photoshop. You can also import svg file as a single raster layer that may contain transparency.   Photoshop is a Pixel editor that some Vector tool. Phtoshop does not support Vector fille saving lie SVG.  The use of SVG with Photoshop is limited,   There is Product name  SVG Layers a Photoshop extension that can import most of what be in a svg file as photoshop shape layers.  Photoshop can not save SVG vector file, The SVG Layer Extension  has as has two other buttons beside the Import button.  Layers to SVG and a Doc to SVG.  I have never looked to these I do not install AI. I have no need for saving SVG files.

I did import a AI svg free sample an use doc to SVG.  the saved SVG was much later then the one I imported with SVGLayers 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

I've been a graphic designer for 22 years and a Photoshop user from day one. I develop everything that is later used as SVG file with Photoshop. I opened a PSD file today that still had SVG export preset. But when I click on Export, Photoshop immediately crashes. I have attached a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JJMACK 🙂

Thanks for the information.

I've been a graphic designer for 22 years and a Photoshop user from day one. I develop everything that is later used as SVG file with Photoshop. I opened a PSD file today that still had SVG export preset. But when I click on Export, Photoshop immediately crashes. I have attached a screenshot.
Eingefügtes_Bild_21_05_21__20_32.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines