• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Collection - Problems with Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just got my Photoshop updated to 2021 (previous version 2018). I used the Nik Collection 1.2.11 guite often with my old version so of course I installed this plugin again. But that causes peoblems in PS. Can't work with it anymore. If I open a pic, I can add one new layer with something, I do my editing with this layer and than the pic just dissapears from the PS desktop and I just can see the starting page of PS. Any idea if the old Nik collection just doesn't  work with PS2021 ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

DXO now says its NIK collection is compatible with PS 2021. I upgraded to version 3, checked the GPU box in PS preferences and NIK works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Are you a Mac user? If so, I would love to know how you did that!

Thanks,

Pat

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Win10. Sorry I should have said that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this above, not sure if it'll help you as it is with the current NIK version -  Rosetta. Finder > Adobe Photoshop 2021 > Get Info, and then tick the box "Open using Rosetta".  Restart PS and the NIK collection was all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Rosetta thanks anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first installed it (the trial), about a month ago, it was fine.  Then adobe upgraded PS to 2.24 and it stopped working.  It didn't bring up the little Nik box as it did before.  In history, it would say Viveza but nothing would happen to image even though it would open the viveza app from my plugins.  Bizarre.  I wrote to the company twice and it took them eons to answer and when they did, abstract answer.

Got my clue from this thread.  Went back and loaded 2.22 verson of PS 2021 and voila, working like a dream.  So it is Adobe's fault I guess.  I love the Viveza part of the Nik package and can't find anything comparable so want to buy it (now not sale price anymore after all of this) but does that mean I will never be able to download PS fixes and have to stay at 2.22 version.  Please Adobe answer.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Adobe Photoshop 22.4.2 and the Nik Collection 4 (exact version is 4.0.8) without any problems.

On my PC I used Windows 10 Pro (Build 21H1).

Which version of Nik Collection do yo u use?

Which operation system do you use? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the Nik Selective Tool to work anymore (Win 10, Ps 2021, rel. 22.4.2) & I have used that almost every single time I use my Nik products. I paid for all the original Nik products (didn't get them free). And, bought 1-2 of the DxO updates. I refuse to buy more because they are over-priced for little value-add. Has anyone else gotten the Nik Selective Tool functionality to work in the release I've noted? There used to be a workaround when there was an issue 1-2 gens ago. But I don't remember what it was to see if it would help now too....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

maybe this is an old post and problem has been solved, but :

I had the problem where Nik didn't appear in the filters, then I solved that but when I oppened Nik, did adjustments, when is clicked "OK", the filter didn't apply. Window just shut and nothing happend. I understood that some other people had this problem.

this worked for me :

uninstall nik

install nik using the default path : "programm files.../Google"

reinstall without uninstalling, this time, us the path "programme files/adobes/PS21/plugin.

Locate the "google" file which should be located in "programme files/adobe/PS21" due to first installation,

Copy the "google" file and paste it in "programme files/adobe/ps21/plugins

the plugin folder should now contain : Generator + Google + Nik collection.

From there, open PS21 and in my case everything works.

Probably redundant, probably not the clean way, but it works.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works with PS21 updated on this day : 07.07.21

So the solution is uptodate.

And I'm talking about Nik 1.2.11 which works like a breeze in my opinion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated everything on my MacBook Pro: Nik 4 and latest photoshop edition. Nik is crashing at a random times. Disappointing since I paid for the upgrade with Nik!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• "I have updated everything on my MacBook Pro: Nik 4 and latest photoshop edition. Nik is crashing at a random times. Disappointing since I paid for the upgrade with Nik!"

Have you tried to contact DXO to see what solutions may be available for you with their plugin? Support for Nik plugins is available at https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/115002389907-Nik-Collection-by-DxO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it depends on your operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is talking about PS 2021, but I just did the upgrade to PS 2022 Release 23.0.0 for Win 64 bit.

I was on PS 2021, and it was kept up to date.

The old original NIK Collection 1 which I still use and is registered with DxO is not ported over, although I specified for the Adobe upgrade to keep all of my settings.

In Internet Explorer, I looked back in the folders for Adobe Photoshop 2021, and found a folder for DxO in the Plug-Ins folder.

I copied the DxO folder and pasted it in the Plug-Ins folder in 2022 and everything works as it did in 2021.

I think some individual selections in NIK were not moved over, but, they are easily rememberd.

No offense to DxO, but I am not ready to purchase their current upgrades, although I bet they are much more capable than the first collection which I am satisfied with.

Hope this helps someone out.

Jerry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the trial of the latest Nik update and it was awful. So I'm sticking with my earlier gen. But (even with Ps 2021) the Nik Selective Tool for masking and painting in select areas with  their settings wasn't working for me. The painting in doesn't take. It disappears. The dropping of that functionality happened once before on an earlier gen of the Nik suite (after DxO took it over...never had issues with Nik themselves or Google). That time in several Ps gens ago forced me to have to update Nik. DxO doesn't seem to be a very good 'patron' for what were once the wonderful Nik products (that I bought originally from Nik - & didn't get free from Google...). DxO is not only not adding enough value to justify paying (way too much) for their updates, but what they do offer doesn't even work consistently or in consecutive gens of Ps. And, if you contact DxO support they just say that the issues that need resolving are not on their product roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't upgrade NIK, they take your money for a product with incompatibility with PS. Its a joke, infact dont buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The active layer needs to be a smart object in the new version of PS I found. I use stamp down technique - hold alt whilst selecting merge layers so you dont flatten the image and the new (stamp) layer can be converted to a smart object and used. Unfortunately since the big 2121 update a few of weeks ago I found my old free version of Define in Niks suite says disk error and cant be used which I often used in the past. Hope thes all helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI  I found this and it worked for me, after many stressful attempts to install the NIK collection into photoshop

Hi @WeddingPhotoz I have the original Nik collection from Google also and have used it in all the different Photoshop versions. A while ago, Adobe had advertised that PS Plug-Ins should now be stored in:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CCSo, place your Google folder there and your Nik collection should work.Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines