No Editor Found for This Link

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed latest version of PhotoShop. When I open InDesign file to edit a photo and click "edit original" it says "no editor found for this link." Tried resaving image, and it still says same thing. Why won't it reconize newer PhotoShop, it seems it is still looking for the older version of PhotoShop. I can edit photo by manually opening it, but so much easier to click "edit original." Why won't it link to new program?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any system information and other details nobody can tell you much. Typically these functions don't care much which versions are installed because this is handled based on the system's global file associations and the "Photoshop File" type hasn't chaned in ages. So either this is messed up or you have other problems like permissions issues preventing the hand-over and generating the temporary files. Anyway, much more info is needed.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines