I assume it is my own mistake somehow, but nothing has changed on my computer. Everything is up to date. Used Photoshop a week ago and had done nothing between. Today want to open photoshop to work on my photos and nothing opens. I tap it and it bounces and nothing happens.
We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop on your Mac. Would you mind sharing the macOS version you're working on? Do you get an error while trying to launch the app or nothing happens? Have you tried to re-install Photoshop after completely uninstalling it? If not, try removing the app using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. You can check the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Re-install the latest version of Photoshop once the application has been removed completely.
If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Photoshop has the required permissions on your Mac by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3