• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oil Paint

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that there is something somewhere on this but just updated to PS CC 22.4.2 and my oil paint is not working ( greyed out)  as well as my Graphics Processor is greyed out and I cant access it as per other suggestions.  

Help please  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your graphics card and VRAM?

The minium requirements for Photoshop have changed with recent versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks Kevin   I have NvidiaGeForce GT 755M  and not sure where to find my VRam   It all worked 2 days ago before I upgraded  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VRAM wont matter at this point.

Your card is too slow to be compatible with recent Photoshop (2021) updates.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html 

The minimum ops/sec recommended is 2000. Your card clocks in at 733.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html 

You'll either have to install CC2020 or install a newer video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the latest CC as there is no where , where it says it needs updating and is it expensive to install a new graphics card? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is you have the latest CC - you can install the previous build using the Creative Cloud app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

I can't speak to the cost of installing a new card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something else you can try before stepping back, which may work as a temporary measure as replacing a GPU in a laptop (you said your GPU is a GT755M) is not as straightforward as it is in a desktop.

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.
Unfortunately, the move to update the core graphics functions will mean that some older GPUs will no longer be suitable. If you are using 22.4.x and your GPU is still not recognised, first make sure the driver is up to date. If it is and you only have a single GPU enabled ( conflicting GPUs remain an issue) then you could try and force Photoshop to use your older GPU by creating a file PSUserConfig.txt containing the lines:
# Force GPU On
GPUForce 1
Save that text file to :
Windows: [InstallationDrive]:\Users \ [UserName]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Adobe\ [Photoshop_version]\[Photoshop_version]Settings\
macOS: //Users/[UserName]/Library/Preferences/[Photoshop_version]Settings/
Note though that this requires 22.4 or 22.4.1 and is not officially supported by Adobe, so may cause other issues such as freezes or crashes – so you do it at your own risk

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank so much. I have an IMac late 2013 version with a newly installed SSD which improved its performance ten fold.  So might have to bite the bullet and upgrade my unit but appreciate all the workarounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forcing GPU on this slow of a graphics card wont make much of a difference. That solution was offered if it was a card that met or was close to the specs as a temporary solution. Forcing a 755 ops/sec card will bring PS to a crawl. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Forcing GPU on this slow of a graphics card wont make much of a difference."

It may make the difference between some functions not working at all or working slowly though. Like I said, swapping a GPU in a laptop is not straightforward and even on a desktop, new high end GPUs are very hard to get hold of at present. I've been waiting months for an RTX3090

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines