• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Onion Skin Mode not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This past week on my Photoshop CC 2019, my onion skin mode hasn't been working. I move onto the next layer and nothing shows up. I will provide some photos. I couldn't get a screenshot of the options that showed that it was enabled but it is. 

Here are my settings:

onion skin settings.JPG

And as you can see, there is no onion skin mode on. I had tried with specifically video layers too and they don't work either.

onion 3.JPG

onion 2.JPG

onion 1.JPG

   

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

I figured it out. If anyone has this same problem, make sure to check that your frames before and frames after settings are corresponding to your timeline.

To do so:

-Go to Onion Skin Mode Settings by clicking the three gray bars on the right hand side of your timeline window (If your timeline window isn't open just go to Window on the top of your Photoshop tab, then down to timeline and click so that the check mark turns on)

-Click on enable onion skin mode if not already

-Then on that same drop do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread (and others) for a possible solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/onion-skin-layer-not-working-at-all/td-p/9005818 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it shows onion skin mode but only when my cursor is at the end of a layer of the timeline and scrolling into the next one. The link to the forum answer you gave me didn't really make sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. If anyone has this same problem, make sure to check that your frames before and frames after settings are corresponding to your timeline.

To do so:

-Go to Onion Skin Mode Settings by clicking the three gray bars on the right hand side of your timeline window (If your timeline window isn't open just go to Window on the top of your Photoshop tab, then down to timeline and click so that the check mark turns on)

-Click on enable onion skin mode if not already

-Then on that same drop down menu, click onion skin settings, look at your frames before and after. they are preset to one frame but adjust them according to your preference.

-click ok

-look at your timeline window adjust the layers in your timeline to match your frames before and after settings. EX: if you have your frames 1 before and 1 after make sure that each layer is 1 frame long

-If they match, you should be good. If that doesn't fix the problem at least you ruled it out

-If they DONT match, you can adjust your frames by going to the end of the layer until you get a black icon that has a bracket and an arrow in the middle, then click and make the layer shorter. if the layers look needlethin, you can better view them by using the mountain scrolly bar at the bottom left hand corner of the timeline window. Scroll to the bigger mountain. At the top you should be able to see 00, 01f, 02f, ect. Then continue adjusting your layers until they match or fit within your settings!

Hope this helped! (definitely better instructions than a link...)

If you have any questions feel free to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing! This will help others with the same issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines