• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a new tab won't activate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on about a year old Retina display iMac, running the latest and updated Photoshop CC. For a couple weeks now (it's happening more and more frequently), after using Photoshop for a while (time, and amount of usage varies), I'll open a file in a new tab, and it won't be active. The display and navigator and layers- everything I can see about the file will be for a file that was already open in a tab, except I can't manipulate it at all. I can work on the original tab, but any other files opened only show the information for that first file, and seems to be frozen. I can switch between file tabs (the tab highlights at any rate), but nothing changes. The only way I have been able to fix this is to shut down Photoshop then reopen it. When I've done that, Photoshop works fine for a while, but out of the blue, I will open a new file or files, and it's the same issue all over again.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hewer,

Could you please let us know which version of Photoshop are you using & which operating system are you working on?

Also, please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop & let us know if it helps: Learn how to work with the MacBook Pro Touch Bar in Photoshop.

If the above suggestion doesn't work then try the steps mentioned on this article: Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03: 1143799  x64

Number of Launches: 51

Operating System: Mac OS 10.13.2

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:94, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3200 MHz

Built-in memory: 8192 MB

Free memory: 4455 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 6704 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!  Cannot find help anywhere.

OS High Sierra 10.13.4

15-inch Retina

16GB/1600

this also happens on my 27" iMac.  Both machines, same Adobe CC account, running latest version of PS, and both have this exact same issue.  It now happens every single day, sometimes twice per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and it's getting very frequent. Have to restart every time.

OS High Sierra 10.13.4

iMac retina 4k

Photoshop 19.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's frustrating paying for a product, and not having proper support.  This has been a persistent issue going back through the last 2 updates, and nothing has changed.  No word from Adobe anywhere on this.

Just gotta keep saving your work (or autosave), and hope you dont lose progress.  It's extremely hard when you're a professional, working on simultaneous tabs and the glitch occurs.  No way at all to switch between tabs and figure out what needs saved or not.

I have ruined so many documents and lost hours of time over the last 5-6 months because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKAROUND that works for me. My computer: 2019 Macbook Pro, 16" Latest MacOS Update10.15.4 Photoshop CC 2020. PROBLEM: Have multiple tabs open and then I get a glitch that won't let me see other tabs - I only see one image that stays on screen as I try to open other tabs. I switch to other tabs but the smae image stays on screen. SOLUTION: Drag the working tab off screen to open its own window, away from the main photoshop display interface. Wait a while/a few seconds and the other tabs reappear and work again. Drag the tab back to the main interface and continue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My workaround is to just open my window a touch, and all of a sudden my tab shows up. Adobe doesn't have an answer for this? So frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines