• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Images... Annoying Problem - Help...

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have been a photoshop user for 20 years, but recently I have come across a problem that I have never seen before.

I am sure there will be an easy fix, but....

When I have an image open in photoshop as a floating window, the next image I open, opens behind the image that is already open. This used to be the opposite way around and the new image would be on-top or in front, as you would say... not hidden behind the image already open.

Then I can not click on the newly opened image, even though I can see the title bar of the image behind the front image. I then have to click on the front image title bar first, then click on the title bar of the one behind to bring that to the front.

I know it doesnt seem a major problem, but to me it is as annoying as the new 'Save As' not now having Jpeg in it, and having to click 'Save As A Copy' everytime instead. After twenty years of familiarity, I dont know why they mess with it!

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, that sounds inconvenient to me! I can't duplicate your issue. When I have an image open in a floating window, the next image I open appears in front of that image but docked as a second tab. Maybe check your file handling options or you may need a preferences reset. Have you tried that yet?  Preferences reset info is herePrior to performing a rollback, make sure to back-up your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jain,

Many thanks for your super speedy reply. Basically I have just figured out its when I use bridge.

If I open an image in photoshop and then a second in photoshop, it works as normal, but when I use bridge, bridge will sit the image behind the one that is open. Atleast thats a start hey....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm. I tested that just now and starting from Bridge, images open exactly the same way they do in Photoshop for me... with the second image on top and as a second tab to the first, all remaining as floating (undocked) images. So, I still am not sure what is causing this for you. What versions are you using and what is your OS? At least it's good to know that you aren't getting the problem when directly opening from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines