• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

For the issues related to the graphics card, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is updated window 10 and Photoshop wise 22.3.1. I just wont recognize the Graphic accelerator unless I go back to 22.3. Tells me that something is not compatable in the 22.3.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! Have you tried updating or re-installing the graphics card drivers from Nvidias website to check if that helps? If not, please try that & check out a few other steps from the article we share to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated everything, win10 and graphic drivers, it’s the photoshop 22.3.1 were the problem is.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem...all is well, everything works fine, then I upgrade to 22.3.1...won't recognize my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ti).  So us uninstall 22.3.1 and revert to the earlier version...things work there.  All this stuff about all of a sudden make sure Windows 10 is up to date (mine is) or the graphics card has the latest updates (I don't know, when did that become a thing...).  If you're releasing a Photoshop update without any warning of these issues, and then scramble as if the problem is OUR machines???  C'mon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem with Nvidia 2060 card. 
Every other apps ok, just Photoshop doesn't recognize the card. 
Installed Version 21.2.7 and this is working. 

Windows is updated. Nvidia drivers too. 

Already tried:
Use older Nvidia drivers. 
Reinstall the 22.3.1 version and use all 22 versions (don't works anymore with any 22 version). 
Tried change configurations on Windows. 
Tried use Intel card and them back to Nvidia (physical remove and reinsert). 

Is clear that is a program error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had the same problem with NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000 GPU.

Everything from drivers, Windows updates are upto date. I guess I will roll back until Adobe sort the problem.

Just need to work out how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly once I went backwards. Now I will wait for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you go back to 22.3?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on the 3 dots next to photoshop in the creative cloud app and install
the earlier version it will override the current version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Version 21.2.7 and this is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have 2 laptops and the cards aren't detected on both. This seems to be a recent thing (only for the last 2 weeks) 

one has RTX 1050 and the other has 2060 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved? where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same unrecognizable card issue here.  RTX 2070 super

"unkown gpu" listed under performance settings.  No openGL, no 3d abilities.
Also noticed what I think is a significant slowdown in video exports from Media Encoder the last week or so.  But I'm less certain about how much or when that was last updated.

Will try to roll back photoshop to prior version as others have until Adobe has a better update. 22.3.1 breaks us.

Also noticed this version has gotten rid of legacy compositing.  That was a fix at one time for...  hope that issue doesn't return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday after update, my photoshop cant enable the VGA driver processor.

And many features are disabled. Need this function for work with more performance.
Need suport fixed the problem.Untitled-1.jpg

Sou CEO da ZeroArts. E atuo como Publicitário / Designer Gráfico -> diegotillmann.com.br/links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3.1. Please ensure that the Graphics card you are using meets the minimum system requirements for Photoshop. For more details, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

If it meets the minimum requirements, you can try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days later i use full graphic processor with my old GTX570

Now, "Photoshop may be limited or not supported." because "minimum graphics processor requirements" has been updated (GTX570 have 1,2gb and suport DirectX 12). I accepct limited, but not supported is a joke.

It is sad to know that a version practically the same as the software two days ago was supported and now it is no longer, without any absurdly new functionality having been implemented.

I would like to know if I am a hostage of necessarily having to change the vga or you will fix the problem with the GTX570

Sou CEO da ZeroArts. E atuo como Publicitário / Designer Gráfico -> diegotillmann.com.br/links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Momentarily solved the problem by going back to version 22.3.0
Even so, I lose the advanced options.Untitled-1.jpg

So I went back to version 22.0.0. Here everything works fully, please fix this problemUntitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I don't mean to be rude but will we get anything other than the copy paste answer? Do we just have to wait until the next update? I would be happy if Adobe would just say that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These aren't helpful suggestions.  Just telling us to chase our tail isn't helpful.  Pretty obvious the 22.3.1 update caused this issue for everyone.  Must of us have already reinstalled graphic drivers, dumped preferences, tried any of the 10 standard suggestions we are told everytime an update slaps us down like this.

Listed as an employee do you know what might get more appreciation from us is just a statement that you've seen the number of complaints and have pushed the issue upstairs to the people that care and can work on figuring out a new update to fix this.  We would all be grateful to hear even that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - the Microsoft of photo and graphics software. Adobe moto: "We don't care because we don't have to"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@metallums18 , @MooseDog ,

Ongoing instability in Open CL and Open GL support among OS vendors, while Adobe modernizes its own core dependencies on those deprecated technologies, is why you are seeing problems with your hardware. Note our system requirements haven't changed in quite some time: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

We are turning off GPUs that are below 1.5GB RAM, but most features (except Oil Paint and 3D) all have CPU fallbacks that work; slower than they did on GPU but still work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines