• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Export not available in Photoshop 22.4.1

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the last update the pdf-export button is missing, only psd, IFF, JPEP 2000, PNG, TIFF, no PDF. have someone an idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

You'll want to use the new Save a Copy feature, and then should be able to generate a PDF.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.1. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on? Are you working on a 32-bit document? If yes, please change the file to a 16-bit or an 8-bit document & check if that helps.

Please try going to the option to Save a Copy from the File menu in Photoshop & check if you are able to see the option to save the file to PDF.

For more info on the Save a Copy workflow, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it allow me to create such a large document and not export to PDF?!

I have spent hours creating something for a media wall, as it would create the canvas almost 3metres in size! But now I can't save it to upload!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem  and couldn't figure out what was happening. 

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WAS HAPPENING.

Thank you. Problem solved, project exported and sent to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to use the new Save a Copy feature, and then should be able to generate a PDF.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Save a Copy absolutely allows a TIFF (or similar) to be saved as a PDF:

Saveacopy.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support. It works! Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same problem here. Currently workin with Window 11 Pro 64 and Photoshop 24.2.

Trying to save file to pdf with copy.

There is no pdf option?

What is the problem - can you help me?

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found I think the file size is too large as it works and is there on a smaller file 😞

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please explian why this has happened?  I used to be able to save as a PDF any time.  Now I have to save, select save as a copy, then save and rename.  Yes, the files ARE flattened and NOT 32 bit.  I probably save and emaile 20-30 PDFs a week.

It seems like a BIG step backwards for a update.  It seems every update makes Photoshop harder to use.  It really slows down my work flow and that sucks when your clients waiting 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default72q2jk9dak3u wrote:

Can someone please explian why this has happened? 

See page one (and I suggest only page one) with the correct answer to why this was changed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/p-save-as-formats-have-disappeared-photoshop-22-4/td-p/1203...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines