• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working in the new Photoshop 2020 (21.0.2)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new Photoshop 2020 on my Wacom Companion 2, turns out the pen pressure is NOT WORKING at all. However the previous versions (20.0.6 and 19.1.6) still work perfectly with the pen pressure. 

Has anyone run into that issue ?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

I have the same proplem ... version 20.0.8 worked just fine.

Win 10

Found solution:

create a file in "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings"
called
PSUserConfig.txt

with this text

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Update : With 21.2.2 you may need to remove the PSUserConfig.txt file

The latest versions are designed to work with Windows Ink and Adobe have made improvements in that area, many of the old bugs have been addressed. I've used Windows Ink here for the last year.

Remove the PSUserConfig.txt file and in Wacom tablet properties check Windows Ink.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 199 Replies 199
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that pen pressure is not working with the most recent release of Photoshop, have you tried reinstalling the tablet drivers to see if that helps?

Also, what operating system are you working on?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my wacom drivers updated. I'm not sure reinstalling them will be helpful. (I'm worried that it might mess up with other photoshop versions) 

I use the program on Windows 10 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am having similar issues. Is there a solution for Mac users. I am running on Mojave. 

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sorry" is not an answer, what do you do about it at Adobe ?

As a lot of people here, pen pressure doesn't work anymore on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry is not an answer, what do you do about it at Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers are actively working on a fix for this and an update will be out very soon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Still having the problem on Windows 10 (v 1909) and PS 21.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.1 on Win without PSUserConfig.txt (UseSystemStylus 0) should work. 

In other words, remove UseSystemStylus 0 from your PSUserConfig.txt or remove that file entirely from your Prefs folder. 

Also be sure Use Windows Ink is checked on the Calibration tab of Wacom Tablet Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remvoing the UseSystemStylus 0 makes no difference. Windows Ink causes all sorts of other issues with my pen tool, errant strokes, delays and stroke lag, clicks not working, having Windows Ink enabled is not a viable solution. Without Ink enabled PS definitely does not recognize the Wacom tablet's pressure sensitivity. Any other suggestions to get the pressure sensitivity back without Windows Ink enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been making improvements in how PS works with Win Ink & Wacom.  I'd recommend trying it without UseSystemStylus 0 in the current release and definitely the next one that comes out very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Mac updates on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brent, you're still seeing pressure sensitivity loss (full pressure) on Mac with 21.2.1?  If so, can you post a screen recording along with what OS version, wacom driver, doc size/res/bit-depth and if you are seeing this with a specific brush (which brush+settings) or all brushes?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,

thanks for the response. I didn't see that you replied.

I also missed that update. After updating to 21.2.1 I can say that the problem IS fixed on OS10.14.6 for me.

I'll chime back in if I find anything else but this seems to do it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing that line worked for me. Thanks!

Photoshop 21.2.2 Windows Huion Tablet

EDIT

Removing that line/deleting the file got pen pressure back but was very sluggish and jittery. Reverted back to previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I removed the PSUserConfig file and for now everything seems to work fine again (have the latest updates).

A minor issue (not a big deal but I wanted to point it out) is that the press and hold circle is back. This also works better now since it doesn't appear in the canavas while drawing, but can be annoying using the sliders (F.eks. the ones in the brush menu and layers menu). The show visual effects is off with everything else in the Pen & Windows Ink menu. I use the brush sliders a lot.

Again, not a big deal, but maybe something to look into since youre working on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go Adobe!!!
I mean better late than never I guess.
We use to have to have this "PSUserConfig" In my  "adobe photoshop settings" folder with windows ink turned off on our wacom settings. This was the only way to get the tablet to work correctly. Now it seems like we all need to remove the "PSUserConfig" Docment and turn window ink back on to get the tablet working correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows ink checkbox helped for me! windows 10, cintiq 21ux. THanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, 'please fix our mistakes at home for free for us while you pay for our software, k thnx'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i had to give up on fixing the problem. I've just let it do it's own
pressure assist thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , just updated to 21.2.2 and Pen pressure issue is back. I never had any issue before ( using always PSUserConfig.txt (UseSystemStylus 0) with windows link disabled. But after the latest update seems that fix is not working anymore. With our without the fix Pen pressure sensetivity is not working

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove PSUserConfig.txt (UseSystemStylus 0) and enable Win Ink in Wacom settings to get pressure sensitivity back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines