• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tilt is not being recognized by Photoshop

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a few other posts related to this, and they all mentioned deleting or modifying the PSUserConfig.txt file. I tried these suggestions with no success.

I have a Huion H1060P which definitely has pen tilt functionality. The pen's tilt functionality works in other software (such as Gimp).

In Photoshop, the pen pressure works great, but tilt is not being recognized at all. I have configured my brushes to use Pen Tilt as well. For example, I set the control for brush size to pen tilt with no result.

(By the way..... Is there really no way to configure input devices in Photoshop? That kind of blows my mind)

My operating system is Windows 10

Photoshop version:  22.1.0 20201125.r.94 2020/11/25: 4b16c876033 x64

My drawing tablet's drivers and firmware are up-to-date (and I have re-installed drivers several times)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add something I found recently. When I set my brush opacity control to Pen Tilt, it works. So Photoshop is definitely able to recognize the input. For some reason, it seems to have problems with using Pen Tilt for more important controls like scatter or size. When I set the control for pen size to Pen Tilt, it actually just uses Pen Pressure instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same experience with my Huion Kamvas 22 Plus. Not sure if you'll have the same options in your tablet properties, but here's how I fixed it.

Turned off Photoshop

Open Huion Tablet settings app and click on the settings gear icon

Under the About tab, select Software Diagnosis

Click on Repair for Wintab32 and WinInk

Open Photoshop and test.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines