Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool Anchor Not Visible

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having an issue that when I use the pen tool I can not see any point where I click, however the anchor points are being placed on the artboard, as when I click around I dont see any of the points and therefore cant see what I have done. On the paths tab a work path is being created but just doesn't show up? Has anyone else encountered this?

I have attached a screenshot showing a artboard where I have drew a zig zag with the pen tool but I couldnt see any points as I was drawing it - you can see on the right the work path shape that I should see on the artboard.

Thanks

Luke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

SOLUTION

Hi,

I was able to find a solution to the issue, if you got to Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit, this should fix the issue. Not ideal if you have a lot of preferences set up but the only fix I could find.

Thanks,

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something strange is happening with the pen tool. Your screenshot did not show up for me so I'm not exactly sure what you are experiencing. I'm on a iMac running Catalina. I have mine set to show 3px and magenta which is not working and grayed out. Once I stop making my path it disappears and I can't select it. The second screenshot is the area where the path is located on my canvas and I drew a box around it with the direct selection tool to select it - but the box just sits there and I can't select it. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.34.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.36.42 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

Its very odd! You seem to be having different issues to me, something must be up.

My screenshot show that I have created a zig zag pattern, yet on my artboard you see nothing at all (no anchor points or joining lines) yet on the right on the work path you can see it. Dont understand it and can't find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same issue. And when I delete the last step (Strg.+Z), I my last anchor points get visible, but when I also cannot add to these ancor points. It's really strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

Hi,

I was able to find a solution to the issue, if you got to Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit, this should fix the issue. Not ideal if you have a lot of preferences set up but the only fix I could find.

Thanks,

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not works for me... i can't solve the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me neither ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I tried what was suggested above and that did NOT help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no "reset preferences" in general.....hmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going into preferences hasn't worked. I cannot see any lines or anchor points until I click on the move tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working for me. The problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem not solved. I belive this is photoshop bug or something and it is annoying me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not fix the problem on my end - running Windows 10 - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just looking for a solution to this. Thanks a ton it helped me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this solves the problem. It was occuring due to lack of graphic card. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had this issue and  thank you Jeffrey... it actually works this solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the path still not showing unless I hold down the pen tool but when I release the path disappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe Photoshop and was exploring the app then tried to use the PEN TOOL only to find that I can neither SEE the points nor the path that connects the two points. What can I do to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go back to version 21.2.9 and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it has nothing to do with application settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with PS v22.5.1.   Can't see anchor points when in Italy click.

Tried General Preferences Reset and no change

Very frustrating when trying to learn pen tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially not Italy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines