Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool: anchor points not visible

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

since the last update I have a really strange issue with my pen tool. When I want to set anchor points they don't get visible in my work, but on the right side I can see that photshop is setting them and that they create a shape. Now when I delete my latest step (Ctlr+Z) my former anchor points get visible, but I still can't add new visible anchor points. 

I already reinstalled photoshop and reset all my setting but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was your last update? 

Please simply state the version number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Photoshop 22.4.1 try reverting to 22.4.0 but make sure to back-up your presets first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was on Photoshop 22.4.1 and now installed 22.4.0 but the pen tool stayed the same. No changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset to version 22.3.1 and now it works, but still it's strange that the new versions got this issue.

Thanks you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you alraedy rolled back it does not really merit updating again just to test this, but in case you do for other reasons does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

In 22.3.1 the Pen Tool still had a bug, so if it creates unconnected PathPoints makes sure to KEEP a Work Path. One point is enough and you need not actually work on it, it’s mere existence should be enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64

Pen tool is causing multiple lines, auto line where not requested, duplicate lines. Its a flipping nighmare. Reverting to previous version till Adobe sort this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've rolled back to version 22.4.0 which is fine. I'll wait for Adobe to fix it before updating again. I don't have time to act as an Adobe tester.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you update to 22.4.3 before rolling back? (It went online yesterday or the day before yesterday.)
At least one Path related bug was fixed with that version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines