• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool in Photoshop has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to draw a line with the pen tool the line doesn't show at first then it starts to show up as this thin black line instead of the blue that it usually did.  Also, the lines that start to show are very difficult to edit because the line disappears as your drawing and editing.  Basically the pen tool no longer works.  I'm guessing it may have something to do with a recent automatic graphics card or windows system update.  Has anyone else experienced this issue recently?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice.  I wasn't able to test these 2 possible fixes because the pen tool started working today when I restarted Photoshop without any changes.  I have a co-worker that was also having this issue and I shared your advice.  As soon as I hear back from him I'll let you know if it worked.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines