• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool Issues

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue with the pen tool for about a week now. Photoshop is updated and I haven't changed any settings. I create a new layer, draw a shape with the pen tool and when I go to fill the shape with colour it does not fill. If I go to other layers where I've previosuly created shapes and filled them, I'll draw a new shape and try to fill with colour but the shapes I've previously made on that layer change colour instead. In addition, the foreground colour picker now doesn't work when I use the eyedropper. Any help would be great. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Edit: How exactly are you trying to fill the Path – »Fill path with foreground color«-button, create a Selection furst, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure see below

[cid:1e0706d2-78f7-4c9f-a1c4-3b71ff8f2b1d]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not attach images to email-replies but post the images on the Forum in the browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I'd select the foreground colour first. Use the pen tool to create a shape. Once the shape lines met up with each other I'd right click and choose 'Fill Path' and make sure it was fillignt he path with the foreground colour. See the image attached where I give an example of setting foreground colour, using pen tool to create a shape and then filling with colour. But then I press ok it doesn't fill. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you check »Prteserve Transparency«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines