• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective Warp (gray) leads to "update or reinstall driver". Photoshop is updated.

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a Prospective Perspective Warp which is grayed out. Research led me to: Prospective Perspective Warp (gray) >Preferences >Performance >Graphics Processor(gray) message says "Photoshop detected an error in your display driver. Update or reinstall the driver and check 'Use Graphics Processor' to retry." How do I update or reinstall this driver? I hope someone has an answer. I have run out of ideas. Thank you.

MVJ-IT

[Edited by moderator.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to your GPU manufacturers website (NVidia, AMD or Intel) and download the latest driver for your particular GPU. Then install it following the instructions from that site.

If using an NVidia GPU check whether a "studio" driver is available, as opoosed to a game driver as these are better tested with applications such as Photoshop. Also during installation, choose Advanced options and check Clean install. That way remnants of the old driver are not carried forward.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. I think I may have Intel, although my search just found nvidia-smi.exe and a whole bunch of GPUs. I will get in touch with my IT guy and see if he can give me a hand. Thanks to you, at least I know where to start and know that it is not a matter of reinstalling/repairing Photoshop. 

Thank you so much.

MVJ-IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Do you have any more ideas? My IT guy and I worked on finding a compatible Nvidia download and finally found one after 4 or 5 tries, that would install. The '377.83-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe' finally did install. HP doesn't seem to have a new update and Nvidia seems to have only this one that works. The first try with this one didn't work because we forgot to 'choose Advanced options and check Clean install'. We reinstalled it properly and hoped that now we could get the Graphics Processor to work. Unfortunately, it was still gray and I got the same 'error in the display driver' message. The download had a restart after installation, so Photoshop should have been fine. Do I need to reinstall Photoshop? It is up-to-date or do I need to go back to an older version? Or do you have something else in mind? Please have an answer.

MVJ-IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dave and others with this problem,
Unfortunately, no one has come up with a solution. The perspective warp was not the only problem. The vanishing point wasn't there either. Other graphic problems also occurred. While waiting for a solution, I started experimenting. I remembered that I had used perspective warp before, so I started by uninstalling the present 22.4.2 Photoshop and then installing 22.412. It didn't work, so I continued by uninstalling and installing 22.4 and 22.31, and finally 22.3. And at 22.3 all of a sudden the perspective warp appeared, the other problems were gone and I was able to do the work I needed. The questions I have, are how do I keep Creative Cloud from updating it to 22.4.2 and future upgrades until these problems are solved, and when will I know I can work on the most recent Photoshop CC?
How this helps some others with this problem.
Regards
MVJ-IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines