Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Shop Text tool not working

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am having problem to type the text using text tool. I have selected 500x100px size image Text size coming some strange no, even I change the text size its not typing any thing. I have tried uninstalling and re installing PS and it works only once then I have same problem.

see the text size in image below

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 01.20.34.png

see the dots only when typing nothing else.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 01.21.33.png

Best Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Hi

I notice the number --21474836 in the.font size There have been a few reports of that problem.

Try the following:

1. Reset the text tool

If that does not work

2. Reset Preferences.

Go to Preferences >General >then click reset preferences on quit. Then click OK and close and restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the image size, and see what the units are.  What often happens is we forget that size is set to a linear unit like Inches, and we dial in a size thinking it is in pixels.  At 300dpi a 1000 x 1000 image is going to be huge.  If type is set top pixels, then it tends to get lost.

Try a new Type layer, but specify a linear unit by typing in (for inch) or pt or mm.

Alsop look at Preference units. I suspect that Rulers might be in Inches.  I like to to use pixels, but YMMV (it's a while since I last used that  olde worlde internet short hand )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked image size and change the preference for Units & Rulers, restarted PS but still having same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is absolutly correct ,yesterday i decresed the size of imag and today my type tool was not working ,your answer helped me to remine what i have done and what was the problem ...thx dear:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I notice the number --21474836 in the.font size There have been a few reports of that problem.

Try the following:

1. Reset the text tool

If that does not work

2. Reset Preferences.

Go to Preferences >General >then click reset preferences on quit. Then click OK and close and restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Davescm! Resetting preferences did the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave, that fixed the issue for me after trying all sorts. 

Cheers, Brad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first solution worked perfectly for me.
Oh my, I had this problem for weeks and I couldn't solve it.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines